The 2011 Reunion - SSTC '97

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party planning across the miles...

5 posters

To get started..

Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

To get started.. Empty To get started..

Post  Emmylou Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:51 am

I hope this will help us plan the party:

1. We should form a Committee.
    a. Person/s who will keep track of the master list and update it as responses come in.

b. People securing the Site (Forum)- I think this is DONE.

c. Person/s maintaining the budget

d. Person/s in charge of invitations (Im suggesting to just do it at www.evite.com to cut down expenses)

e. Person/s in charge of food/catering/refreshments

f. Person/s in charge of MUSIC! (Only if this applies)

g. Decorations/party favors

2. Venue - Thea suggested: San Antonio Resort
    Omar suggested: Nesta's or CNHS
    (We'd like to hear more ideas, clubs/banquet halls? sounds pricey but hey,the more ideas we have, the better it is to plan this party)

3. We have to decide how the event will be structured. Whether it can be a one-night event or a weekend-long event. or maybe an informal cocktail night(Marlon's place?) on a Friday and a sit-down dinner or family bbq party the next day?

4. We should select a date after finalizing and start publicizing the reunion- Dyn already created a poll to help us decide what month.(Pagusto kamo kung gusto nyo ipa-AGONG Wahahahhaah)

5. Set up a bank account with 2 authorized signatories(Only if this applies), Anyone working at a bank who can offer a perfect product for events like this?

6. Music - depending on the venue (Banda ni SHane?)

7. We should compile into a booklet, information about our lives or pictures back then etc. - Thea suggested printing out tshirts as a souvenir? more suggestions?

We currently have 24 registered members.. and at least 5 members are active. We need help!!
    Denise
    Denise
    Admin

To get started.. Empty Re: To get started..

Post  Denise Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks for making the checklist, Em. I urge people to be more active, just let us know what you're thinking. We don't want to plan something that you guys won't enjoy. This is OUR reunion and it should be fun for everyone.

So please post any comments or suggestions (relevant please) to this topic.
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 am

Bernadette works sa Metrobank!!!
    I'd love to see Shane and the guys play again.
    afro They rock.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Thea wrote:
    afro They rock.

That's awesome! Anyone knows Bernadette's email ad?
    omarmejia

Post  omarmejia Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:38 pm

good idea ems..

i suggest also we form committees to facilitate things.

secretariat: in charge of tracking down everyone and updating our infos, address, emails, phone numbers. in charge also of promoting the event up to the invitations when we have set already the date and venue

finance committee obviously to head the financing of this event. fund raisers, to lessen expenses? the bank account that was raised perhaps...

logistics: in charge of the venue, the specifics of the event, program and food. i suggest this should be headed by someone based in roxas so it would be easier to arrange things...

others i could not think of at the moment...will post again if other ideas come up.

thoughts:
    -my mom is an alumna of cnhs and i have been amazed by the closeness of their batch. i have attended several of their reunions already, and for, i think, 3 big reunions so far that they have organized it was a joint reunion by 3 classes...class 63-64-65. more people coming since not all members of the class attend (though i hope we will have good attendance), more hand to aid in preparing, more financial strength.

-also shall we already give something back to our dear alma mater..or should we reserve this for another event like the 25th? can we start like a trust fund for this? so we can plan to give something big like a building or a library..or is this too much?

that's it for the moment....
    omarmejia

Post  omarmejia Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:54 pm

just read the other threads and saw some pictures
    san antonio resort looks nice...
    one of the places im going to visit when i go home in april...
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 pm

Volunteers are welcome guys. As far as task contributions to this event: for people from abroad- can definitely help by doing administrative works via the internet such as maintaining our registry(We do not need a sophisticated program to make this but basic excel skills will do). Since a majority of us have access to the internet, we can set meetings(quarterly?/semi annual?) and go over our lists what needs to be done and how many people have responded. We definitely need volunteers from you who are based in Roxas to put the puzzles together. Please spread the word- I still have a lot of people from my list who have not registered. I am going to send follow up emails by next month just to give more time. And for those who have registered, please speak up. Im sure you have a lot to say and we'll be very happy to hear from you. Also, we can use some of connections relevant to this event, esp. discounts wahahah!
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:15 am

I just created a worksheet sang classmates nga may ara ko email addresses and I also incorporated the info I got from forum from those people nga wala sa phonebook ko. As soon as I'm finished, I will send you a copy for corrections such as change of name due to citizenship, marriage or any legal reasons. This excel worksheet is only set as "read only" para may control ang pagchange sang info that's why it's protected. For any changes, you will have to send a reply with the current personal info. Also, I need a list of all students... I suggest checking our yearbook(akon yearbook ato sa Roxas)? So far I have 36 people on my list. I am sure we can all help each other to bring these people nga wala pa d sa forum. Thank God for the internet! It's not that hard to find people these days. afro flower cheers sunny What a Face
    Loraine

Post  Loraine Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:47 am

Emmylou wrote:
    Thea wrote:
    afro They rock.

That's awesome! Anyone knows Bernadette's email ad?

Hi Guys,

Berna is not into this internet thing but yeah she's working in Metrobank so maybe you can just call her there...
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:49 am

Hi Guys,

Berna is not into this internet thing but yeah she's working in Metrobank so maybe you can just call her there...[/quote]

Hi Loraine- nice to hear from you:)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:40 am