The 2011 Reunion - SSTC '97

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party planning across the miles...

5 posters

Event Specifics/Memo

Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Event Specifics/Memo

Post  Ridge Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:54 am

Where? When? Contact Info? I don't see the event specifics. Are we on the planning stage? Or maybe the more pertinent question is what and how? That is, is the reunion corporeal or virtual or maybe...ectoplasmic? (After all, we are in the Trans-Dimensional Age...so it's very possible, this event is geared towards that. Is it? I'd be very ecstatic to be reunited with you guys, at that level...)

Event Specifics/Memo Laugh

Last edited by Ridge on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Re: Event Specifics/Memo

Post  Emmylou Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:03 am

Hello Marlon! kamusta? I think this is why we are gathering as many people from our batch to hear everyone's thoughts so that we can put ideas altogether since we have plenty of time to plan and funding this event will have to be considered. Btw, you look awesome in your pic! kakaaliw!

Last edited by emmylinton on Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Guffaws

Post  Ridge Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:10 am

emmylinton wrote:kakaaliw!

Hahaha! Don't I always give you gas pains whenever we chat online?! As always. Laughs. Life is too fleeting to be spent on anything negative, so I make sure every second and circumstance I evoke brings laughter...

There...smile some more!

Oh okey... We're on the pre-prod stage.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:18 am

Seriously, it's nice to hear from you again after ages! Thanks for registering:)
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty We are a batch of unparalleled idealists

Post  Ridge Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:49 am

The states of our lives call for action: bold and swift. And we will have this reunion not only to meet and celebrate but to lay a new foundation for growth.
    hans

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Event Specifics/Memo

Post  hans Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:21 am

it's nice to see you marlon.. diin ka subong? ari ka pa sa manila?? the last time i saw you was in FCC hosting the Miss Nursing pageant. Smile
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Hi there Hans

Post  Ridge Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:08 pm

Didn't we talk more recently after that? Great to hear from you too. Yes I am in the country now. When's your birthday, pal? I remember people better based on their astrological configuration.
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Uhhh... let's not get carried away. Before you book the charitable organizations and the socio-civic churva, I would like to remind you that I am a little more shallow than that and would really just want to see you all and catch up. If we didn't get to better ourselves in the last 12 years, I don't think there's any prayer of other people doing so in a day. Until then, we have two years...lol. Some single people now might be lugging a baby rocker by then, so good luck! Cool
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:16 pm

i think we want this reunion to be more exclusive. I dont think we really need big organizations to get involved. lol. Unless we plan on doing community service later on. Let's just focus on how we can get this reunion to happen.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:54 am

That's good, Marlon. All ideas are welcome. jocolor
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Miss You

Post  Ridge Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:06 am

hahaha! Misshhoo. Miss you. How is your sister? I think I was with your dad at the Rotary, a few years back...but I don't think they really appreciated my kakulitan in all the meetings...haha
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:26 am

Hahaha! My sister is there. Boring gid man kis-a meeting sang Rotary. lol. I grew up going to their events and stuff. nocturnal ka man gli no?
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Nocturnal

Post  Ridge Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:55 am

I only sleep for like four to five hours per day. The rest...wooooork. I have several deadlines to meet and just to fit time with competing priorities, I'm beginning to apply the Special Theory of Relativity...that is, decrease the amount of mass to increase the amount of space time...haha! So, I think, i'm losing weight in the process.

I've always been nocturnal. As a night person, I’ve been chronically late to morning events my entire life. I’ve been told my tardiness proves my lack of commitment or concern about jobs, classes, and friends. It’s been condescendingly explained to me that if I just “made an effort” to go to bed on time I’d be on the “right” schedule and would find myself reaping the benefits of a morning person lifestyle.

I’ve spent most of my life trying (and failing) to be a morning person, and having spent months and years on a “proper morning people schedule,” these are my findings:

The only good feelings I get out of artificially forcing my body onto a morning person’s schedule is a reduced amount of guilt for being what I am, which is simply a night person. When I’m on a morning schedule, I am not happier, I don’t notice that I’ve slept better, I am not more productive, and I’m definitely not more creative.

So, I'm CLAIMING My NIGHT PERSON RHYTHMS and rights, AND i'm HAPPY ABOUT IT. Morning people are not better than we, and the next one who denies me my right to feel best after s/he’s in bed can Kiss. My. A$$. haha.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:14 am

lol. that's great so you can keep me company. Im logging off in 30 mins and then I'm gonna hit the road na. flower
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Planning

Post  Ridge Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:27 am

I think, we could really get far if we all plan together. I've always supported the idea of collective/team planning and achievement. That's why I'm encouraging the best and loftiest ideas from the start...because if we're gonna make a goal, it has to be the best. Life is too fleeting for holding-back. I make sure I inspire a progressive outlook and direction so we could really maximize the elements and situations around us. That way, we get to enjoy the moments fully...and we could take that emotion back to our lives and inspire others to do the same.

Let's do something we've never done before and aggregate into committees.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:32 am

It will be smooth sailing pag damo na nagregister. Well peeps we're encouraging everyone to speak out because we really need your help. As far as I know, the cake is already gonna be taken care of by Honey Bunny(Denise Racquel). Peace out Dyn!
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Basically what we need is a place where there is seating and enough room for us to gather, food, and our FRIENDS. The room and food are not a problem, there are plenty to choose from. The only thing is to find a way to go around our schedules for us to be able to be in one place at one time. That's the simplicity of the reunion logistics.

But I have a great suggestion for Marlon my man. Why don't you throw a party with all those things you mentioned, as you seem to be an expert on these things... And then for the next reunion we can maybe adopt your ways and have a grand party like yours. You can time your party the day after our planned 2011 reunion so everybody will still be around and be able to go! With your recent successes in biotechnology and in conquering the Manila party scene, this kind of event would be walk in the park!

How about that, 2 parties in 2 days! Sounds good, yeah guys?! The grammys have been given out and the oscars are still on Sunday, but who needs Hollywood and Elton John when we have Mr. Bulaquena?!
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty 2011??!

Post  Ridge Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Uhm...question...why 2011? It's really gonna be BIG...in that case. Considering we have two years to plan this out...That's really coool.

And why 2011??! The Mayans predicted something big to happen in that year. Are we celebrating it in'synch to that cataclysmic prediction?
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:59 pm

The idea of having it in 2011 was proposed by me. lol. I think it will be flexible for those who are abroad to make plans ahead of time. Predictions? let's just pray that nothing will happen by then.
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty 2011

Post  Ridge Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:39 pm

You are ubber brilliant, Em. I must say. You actually tuned it with the universal motion (not the defunct 80's dance group) but the rhythm of the universe as predicted by the Mayans and the Aztecs and the Babylonians.

Well, according to them, "This Earth will be in its first season, in its first springtime, in its first blossom time. All this oneness and beauty in that Golden Age starts at 2011." So there...I'm just as excited as everyone what exactly would happen in that year apart from the local elections next year.

Then again, the Gregorian calendar that we are using is by far the most unreliable dating system due to the various times it was recalculated, reformed and regrouped. So I'm not looking at the calendar when thinking of 2011...because as I see it, there are thirteen months instead of 12. This is based on Ptolemy's division of the zodiacs and the natural 28-day lunar movement (which is what we call "month")...which all the ladies would agree to, as evidenced by the menstrual cycle.

Then again, there is a scarcity of pure virgins these days who could actually attest to that...so forget about the menses. haha
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:55 pm

Quite interesting!! 13 mos? What do you call it then? I think it will be advantageous for those who owe the IRS that way they have another month to think about where they're gonna get the money to pay their taxes! lol. Or it will be more income for those who have jobs but with job cuts nowadays??? Oh well let's just leave it all to God. I think He knows better than us.
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty Hahaha

Post  Ridge Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 pm

What would I call the Thirteenth Month? Hmmm...well, since all month names are arbitrary, we can call it anyway we like. The Greeks named it after their gods...the chinese named it after their zodiac...any name will do.

Based on linear time, Nature is tuned to Moon time, the 28-day 13 cycles of the Moon. The woman’s menstrual cycle is tuned to the Moon. And so is the ocean's tides and all liquids in our planet...including the fluid grey matter in our brain and our blood...so is our DNA and everything else. They're highly sensitive and programmed vis-a-vis the Sun and Moon. (We refer to this as the Circadian Rhythm.) The native peoples of the world who still live by Moon time are far more in tune with nature because they are operating on the same time-energy flow as nature. They are in sync with it.

But in 1572 Pope Gregory announced that a new calendar was to be introduced, the Gregorian Calendar. That's the calendar we are using now. Here we have a 12 month year of 60 minute hours and 24 hour days with the months so weirdly regrouped that some are 30 days, others 31, another 28, or 29 every four years. That's like making the moon and the sun bend to your calendar...not your calendar measuring the cycles.

But since a lot of us don't exactly ask why...we have grown to adopt something which is intrinsically flawed.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:37 am

Thea wrote:Basically what we need is a place where there is seating and enough room for us to gather, food, and our FRIENDS. The room and food are not a problem, there are plenty to choose from. The only thing is to find a way to go around our schedules for us to be able to be in one place at one time. That's the simplicity of the reunion logistics.

But I have a great suggestion for Marlon my man. Why don't you throw a party with all those things you mentioned, as you seem to be an expert on these things... And then for the next reunion we can maybe adopt your ways and have a grand party like yours. You can time your party the day after our planned 2011 reunion so everybody will still be around and be able to go! With your recent successes in biotechnology and in conquering the Manila party scene, this kind of event would be walk in the park!

How about that, 2 parties in 2 days! Sounds good, yeah guys?! The grammys have been given out and the oscars are still on Sunday, but who needs Hollywood and Elton John when we have Mr. Bulaquena?!

I fully agree with you ting. I think Marlon has to throw a party the next day to make it a weekend party! Seems like his ideas are very high-end. It'll be fun! We have to figure out who's in favor of a formal, semi-formal or come as you are kind of party? open bar? but thinking about all these expenses we have to figure out how we can get the cash flow moving esp from people abroad. How are we wiring these funds and stuff. Any suggestions?
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo Empty On the contrary

Post  Ridge Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:55 am

My idea of a "party" is very simple...just beer and people I wanna be with. You know, people you really wish to talk to; pour your heart out...or share energies and moments with. People you wish to learn from and recharge with. And gourmet food...or anything edible with beer. That's already a party to me. I'm very shallow with my definition of a party too. Anything sincere, in fact, is well appreciated even without liquor. I don't need a lot of fancy stimuli to experience "the moment."

But since we're planning an "event"...then we might as well make it truly memorable and special.
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:04 am

I have a paypal account for those who use that. Although usually when I withdraw the amount from there to my bank account it deducts around $6 every transaction. You guys abroad should know what the best way is, esp the way that doesn't deduct as much kay kanugon. hihihi

Anyway dugay pa man na ang money ah...when we get the number of people coming and the date and time, we can look around for a venue. Omar and I were talking earlier and he's up for the simpler plan. Miskin CNHS itself (if they allow us) or Nestas hahaha basta ululupod kita ah. If you want it at the beach or near the beach I can talk to Marc's or San Antonio. Lot I don't know if your manang Mitzi has told you about San Antonio, kanami na to subong. They also have rooms (Casa Felisa) where people can stay overnight should we feel like it. They have this modest infinity pool man which is right beside the lake where people can kayak and waterbike.

Here's the website you guys can check out: http://www.thesanantonioresort.com/gallery

I'm gonna try and look for my own pics here and maybe post them sa PICTURES.

I have this idea we can get t-shirts or jerseys like we used to have per section in high school, just as remembrance or something... I kept all my Lab Detectives t-shirts by the way, and all my WVSU jerseys per college year. LOL wala lang, for the memories they hold. Some of them I didn't even pay for, they were donated. hihihi

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:03 pm