The 2011 Reunion - SSTC '97

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party planning across the miles...

5 posters

Event Specifics/Memo

Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty Let's Just Hire an Events Coordinator

Post  Ridge Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:17 am

Let's just hire an events coordinator...you know, an expert on heightened-reality events.

Last edited by Ridge on Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty Re: Event Specifics/Memo

Post  Emmylou Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:26 am

Ridge wrote:My idea of a "party" is very simple...just beer and people I wanna be with. You know, people you really wish to talk to; pour your heart out...or share energies and moments with. People you wish to learn from and recharge with. And gourmet food...or anything edible with beer. That's already a party to me. I'm very shallow with my definition of a party too. Anything sincere, in fact, is well appreciated even without liquor. I don't need a lot of fancy stimuli to experience "the moment."

But since we're planning an "event"...then we might as well make it truly memorable and special.

beer, mix drinks for the ladies and hors'd'oeuvres is enough for me.. nothing fancy or whatever and the cake will satisfy my sweet tooth. lol. and since were gonna have kids, we should have kids food and juices also.
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:39 am

Emmylou wrote:
    Ridge wrote:My idea of a "party" is very simple...just beer and people I wanna be with. You know, people you really wish to talk to; pour your heart out...or share energies and moments with. People you wish to learn from and recharge with. And gourmet food...or anything edible with beer. That's already a party to me. I'm very shallow with my definition of a party too. Anything sincere, in fact, is well appreciated even without liquor. I don't need a lot of fancy stimuli to experience "the moment."

But since we're planning an "event"...then we might as well make it truly memorable and special.

beer, mix drinks for the ladies and hors'd'oeuvres is enough for me.. nothing fancy or whatever and the cake will satisfy my sweet tooth. lol. and since were gonna have kids, we should have kids food and juices also.

Yogs abi ko gani mapaparty na si Marlon complete with Tim Yap?! Wala man gali...yogs. I was looking forward to that Marlon-defined event after our modest reunion!!! Emmylou what did you do to Marlon??!!
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:48 am

lol. i didnt do anything. The 2nd party is Marlon's idea so let's leave the planning all to him.. kita lang bahala sang 1st party eh whether we wanna do a pool party or churva whatever you call it. lol. and you guys have to help me who Tim Yap is.
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:56 am

Emmylou wrote:lol. i didnt do anything. The 2nd party is Marlon's idea so let's leave the planning all to him.. kita lang bahala sang 1st party eh whether we wanna do a pool party or churva whatever you call it. lol. and you guys have to help me who Tim Yap is.

ok fine.

Tim Yap? I really don't know him aside from that he's part owner of the Embassy and got involved in the Gucci Gang Controversy via Brian Gorrell. What I get from listening to Magic 89.9 on Don's MP3 player during the times I had to ride a jeepney daily from home to Baclaran and from Baclaran to Teletech LOL. I've also read some of his newspaper columns in the lifestyle pages. Let's google.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:06 am

I dont think we can afford Mr. Yap. Naturingan pa naman nga SSTC kita, i think we can all do it ourselves d ba? Paypal will work for me but hidden fees will be the problem...
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:31 am

Emmylou wrote:I dont think we can afford Mr. Yap. Naturingan pa naman nga SSTC kita, i think we can all do it ourselves d ba? Paypal will work for me but hidden fees will be the problem...

Well Marlon doesn't have to pay him for his party if they're friends! Complimentary services! Better idea: Marlon can just tell us about him so we don't have to do any work. hihihihi Tamad man ko gyapon. Marloooonnnn, please tell Emmylou about the Tim Yap.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:43 am

I think a good party is not about how much we spend.. as long as we all can get together and be ourselves, ok na sakon. miski sa plaza pa naton i-hold ang party at least it's a historical site. lol. I think finding out more ideas will really help us with the planning. Speak out man kamo b! Please feel free, you're not being tested here. We'd love to hear from you all. Rolling Eyes affraid confused Suspect What a Face
    Denise
    Denise
    Admin

Post  Denise Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:38 am

Where do you guys wanna hold it? I guess it depends how many people wanna or could go, huh?

When's the target date again? 2011?
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:44 am

Emmylou wrote:I think a good party is not about how much we spend.. as long as we all can get together and be ourselves, ok na sakon. miski sa plaza pa naton i-hold ang party at least it's a historical site. lol. I think finding out more ideas will really help us with the planning. Speak out man kamo b! Please feel free, you're not being tested here. We'd love to hear from you all. Rolling Eyes affraid confused Suspect What a Face

Korak. Wait lang, malay nyo magdaog ko sa lotto before ta magreunion?! syeeet librehun ko kamo tanan... try ko bi taya...tapos makibot kamo pagkitanay ta nka gown ako k milyonarya na toink.

lol!
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:21 am

Denise wrote:Where do you guys wanna hold it? I guess it depends how many people wanna or could go, huh?

Ok lang ko ya miskin diin, kaladkarin ko ya. hahahaha
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty Hmmm

Post  Ridge Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Téy, I have a premonition: You would win the lottery. Apply the Lucas and Fibonacci equation. You will surely unlock the pattern behind it. Just try. Reality is a Pattern. And believe in it. That should take care of the US-tour for everyone. Las Vegas. The Bellagio Hotel is now affordable at only 600 dollars due to the recession.

With San Antonio Resort, yes we could get a discount there. The resort is co-managed by Guia and Tansoy (Francis Ignacio, a classmate of Marians in our batch.)

Last edited by Ridge on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty 2011

Post  Ridge Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Denise wrote:Where do you guys wanna hold it? I guess it depends how many people wanna or could go, huh?

Yes, Dyn. 2011 pa!!! (laughs)

We're true visionaries, I guess. To us, the concept of time is just a figment of one's fickle memory. That's why we plan way ahead. Because to us, the past, present and The Future co-exist simultaneously in just one frame. So, basically, what we're doing here now is tweaking the outcome of the event, applying the butterfly-effect/chaos dynamics multiplied by infinity.

With some additional "churva whatever" to the equation.

In other words, you better watch Ashton Kutcher in that movie. It explains the time evolution of physical processes better.
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Ridge wrote:

Yes, Dyn. 2011 pa!!! (laughs)

We're true visionaries, I guess. To us, the concept of time is just a figment of one's fickle memory. That's why we plan way ahead. Because to us, the past, present and The Future co-exist simultaneously in just one frame. So, basically, what we're doing here now is tweaking the outcome of the event, applying the butterfly-effect/chaos dynamics multiplied by infinity.

With some additional "churva whatever" to the equation.

In other words, you better watch Ashton Kutcher in that movie. It explains the time evolution of physical processes better.

Marlon napalipay mo gid ko daw radyo ka ya may narration sang imo actions(giggles)...hay you're still the same old Marlon (smiles)...or are you? (left eyebrow goes up a little)...in fairness when you do this, you don't need emoticons na no? (left eyebrow goes down)...or... (chin in between thumb and index finger) we can all just...I actually forgot what I was talking about, I was too busy trying to think of what to do next...(tumbling pakadto sa kalsada, ipit ko sang truck, dead.) Shocked
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty Laughs So Hard

Post  Ridge Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:26 pm

(audience prompt: raucous and laughter)

Of course. Have always been the same old me... Which is basically just energy...underneath all the layers of well-scrubbed skin, tissues, cells, atoms, quantum systems and wave/particle/forces. My concept of this body and reality is merely a disposable armor/shell which is more of a prison/liability than a functional regalia.

And I have long forgone my attachment to it and even to the so-called ego...because it limits our true evolution and hampers our true recognition of our real natures: Unlimited Energy, Indestructible, Mutable, Powerful and Sublime. I look at other creatures from that level. And I don't even need an electron microscope or a laser-tunneling device to do that.

(technical prompt: Oprah Winfrey phone patch)
    Thea
    Thea
    Admin

Post  Thea Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Ridge wrote:(audience prompt: raucous and laughter)

Of course. Have always been the same old me... Which is basically just energy...underneath all the layers of well-scrubbed skin, tissues, cells, atoms, quantum systems and wave/particle/forces. My concept of this body and reality is merely a disposable armor/shell which is more of a prison/liability than a functional regalia.

And I have long forgone my attachment to it and even to the so-called ego...because it limits our true evolution and hampers our true recognition of our real natures: Unlimited Energy, Indestructible, Mutable, Powerful and Sublime. I look at other creatures from that level. And I don't even need an electron microscope or a laser-tunneling device to do that.

(technical prompt: Oprah Winfrey phone patch)

Hay, mayara kamo sina? What the hell is raucous AND laughter?! lol simpleha lang bala Lon gasalala ka na lang kay.. I believe what you meant was you were being yourself. And that your ego is so small you won't resort to doing things which will make people think you are popular, intelligent, well-connected,etc.

I totally agree! The minute we stop promoting ourselves excessively to other people, we let our egos go. We don't need that, I mean we've known one another's histories for so long, is there even a need to fool the others?! Toink. Anyway, for people who want to risk being a comedic tragedy, go lang. They can amuse us mere mortals in the meantime. While they think we actually believe all that bull, they won't see us snickering in the background, will they?

Anyhoot, I will be quite busy for the next few days. All you people please don't hesitate to leave suggestions, ideas, other relevant info about yourselves, the reunion logistics, and what have yous. We want to hear from all of you who graduated that April 1997 evening in our beloved CNHS SSTC! Take care everyone and God bless you!
    flower
    Denise
    Denise
    Admin

Post  Denise Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Hmmmmm....

I am concerned by the number of lunatics in this reunion... The limit is 2. Thea and I.

Guys and gals, back on topic, please. Thanks! Wink
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty Abridgement

Post  Ridge Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Apologies, the last thread was a way bit off-topic...but censorship is I think uncalled for and unhealthy in the instant case and predates to the Manoling Morato/Marcos era. I wonder what I said...In any case, hello Denise. That was a reply to Thea's post.

(erratum on "raucous"...Thank you Thea for pointing that out...indeed, it's a typo error. What I meant was "ruckus"...as the former is an adjective and the latter a noun. The error, however, is negligible as the relation and connotation of the meanings in it can still be understood despite the slip. I am not so much into construction and perfection of generative grammar, but more into cognitive linguistics. As long as the essence and message is felt by the hearer/reader and the values behind it is profound, irregardless of the medium and construction, that's okey for me. I do not venerate the English language. I use it. The usage may be imperfect...but who cares, it's not as significant as elegant equations. And neither could I simplify it further because that's just how my brain works...to simplify it would mean I'd be wasting several seconds looking-up relatively popular words in my memory for every single word I could think of. And that's not me at all.)

Last edited by Ridge on Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : erratum on raucous)
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:10 pm

2011? YES! Like I have explained in my past emails and msgs, 2011 will give us plenty of time to get there wherever we are. That will give people from abroad some time to save money to go there. A majority of us are all over the world. 2011 may sound far away but we'll get there before we know it. As in time flies.
    Emmylou
    Emmylou
    Admin

Post  Emmylou Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 am

WOW! I was hoping to read a lot of posts here while I am still recuperating from a bad flu. Where's everybody?
    Denise
    Denise
    Admin

Post  Denise Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 am

Ridge wrote:Apologies, the last thread was a way bit off-topic...but censorship is I think uncalled for and unhealthy in the instant case and predates to the Manoling Morato/Marcos era. I wonder what I said...In any case, hello Denise. That was a reply to Thea's post.

Hello my dear Smile

I just noticed that the thread was getting way off topic and I moderated it. It wasn't to censor you or anyone but let's keep the discussion (at least most of it) focused on the reunion. As it is, OT posts might be scaring off some of our batch mates who are lurking in the sidelines. Guys, please post so we know what your ideas are. This reunion will be ABOUT US.
    Ridge
    Ridge

Event Specifics/Memo - Page 2 Empty More Suggestions Please

Post  Ridge Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:10 pm

It's okey. Kaw pa, eh love kita! (grins) How are you Lobster? I hope our classmates would thresh out more ideas and be open to suggest...so we get to know what they want, like, and expect. The Universe awaits their desires!

So folks, feel free to declare your innermost cravings and passions...I mean, your plans for the reunion.

You will be amazed, that is the shortest route between The Now and The Then; the origin and the destination: from this Forum to Paradise!
    hanschristian
    hanschristian

Post  hanschristian Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:37 pm

hi guys!! any new plans for the get together??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:05 am